Thursday, March 25, 2010

kitchen ideas

So today I'm home from work due to this lovely pollen-induced crud that's been going around. I'm not complaining about spring finally getting here, but the sickness the accompanies it for me each year is never fun. At any rate, a day at home in bed trying to recover has given me ample time to plan future projects. Primarily, I've been looking up kitchen ideas. We have much to get done around here before I start on the kitchen of course, but it always helps me to start my ideas, because I'm not exactly a decisive person, so I'm sure it will take some time for me to decide what I really end up doing.

To start with, the kitchen currently looks like this:


Not attractive. The scallop soffit on the cabinets, is quite possibly, the worst thing I've ever seen from a decorating standpoint. Maybe at one point in 1964 it was really "in" but I'm pretty certain it went "out" the next year and no one ever thought about updating it after that. We do love our old stove though. It has double ovens and works perfectly, so ideas for what to do around it as well as the other white appliances have helped guide our kitchen ideas. And don't worry, the brown stove hood will be painted in the near future to at least match the white.

There will be a fair amount of work involved with the kitchen, but right now we're thinking green cabinets...I know it sounds intense, but we live in a farmhouse cottage, so green just fits. I've found some green that I like, but I'm really not wanting people to walk in and think "green", so something more subtle than these is what we'll likely go with:





Aren't they darling? I'll keep an update for what we finally decide to do and when we we get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment