Monday, March 1, 2010

Laundry Woes

I have a problem, and it's a problem I've had for a long time. I admit, I tend to be a messy person. My mother claims college brought this out in me, but she secretly knows--and under her breath occasionally admits--that I've always been messy and only living under her roof for 18 years kept me tidy for about 10 of those years. She is probably the perfect example of tidy living, so its not that I don't know how to be tidy, I just choose not to do it. This being said, being messy does not equal less stress in my life, in fact, it equals more. Being messy is why a fraction of our pile of unpacking and laundry yesterday looked like this:



It's bad. Realizing that we had not really unpacked or done laundry--sans underwear and towels people--in 6 weeks because of my travel schedule, renovations, and my husbands lack of laundry knowledge, we tackled the piles, both vowing to never let it get that bad again. That much laundry would make anyone have a panic attack, let alone someone who is attempting to simplify her life. Vowing to avoid this laundry dilemma in the future and actually avoiding it are totally different items, but realizing that we actually had to put off renovating just to handle the laundry made me realize that my messy lifestyle needs a major makeover. So from this time forward I truly vow to never, NEVER, NEVER, let my laundry get that bad again. We'll call it the first part of life simplification, or perhaps that I never really want to do 8 loads of laundry in one day again.

No comments:

Post a Comment