Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 7-Your Favorite Movies

Well I appologize for my 30 day of blogging hiatus.  I guess I'm trying to turn this into 60 days of blogging, at the rate I'm going.  I have a valid explanation however, last week was absolutely insane at our house, I had evening meetings or an appointment every day last week, and was wiped out by the time I even set foot in the house.  On top of that, we headed to good old T-town this weekend for my niece Addison's first birthday.  Now, I'm home along with Whit suffering from some mysterious throat ailment that makes it feel like we've swallowed razor blades.  Fun times in Sylvania.

So, I'm going to try and stay on top of my 30 day commitment.  Onto my favorite movies.

I have several movies that I could watch over and over and over, and never get tired of:  


Yes, this is The Little Mermaid.  But it was one of my favorite movies growing up, and still remains one of my favorites to this day.  Whitney watched it with me once and swore he'd never do it again since I quoted the entire movie, and he doesn't quite see the point of watching it if you can quote it.


Alfie is another one of my favorites, even if it's less known.  The storyline is very different, but I never tire of watching it and learning something new from the characters in it, and their development throughout the movie.  It helps that it also stars Jude Law.


I also adore Love Actually, even if it's classified as a Christmas movie, I find it a perfect anytime movie.  Whitney, not so much, but it's one that I make him "endure" on a regular basis.


Finally, what list is complete without Gone With the Wind?  While the movie doesn't hold a candle to the book, and it's a true rainy day commitment, I still love watching the story of the fall and rise of the South during and after the Civil War.  Fortunately, Whitney will watch this one with me (but only because it covers the Civil War of course).

I have many, many more movies that I love to watch, but this is just covering my favorites.  I'll try my best to get another post in later to try and catch up to where I should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment