Wednesday, January 26, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge-Day 1

My friend Abby over at Throw Some Seeds of Your Own is doing a 30 day blog challenge, and encouraged her followers to do the same.  In an effort to meet Resolution #11, I thought this was the perfect way to help me reach at least one of my self-imposed goals for the year, and maybe stay on top this blog a little better than the past.  So here's the format:

Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts
Day 2-Meaning behind your blog name
Day 3-Your first love
Day 4-Your parents
Day 5-Your siblings
Day 6-A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 7-Favorite movies
Day 8-A place you've traveled to
Day 9-A picture of your friends
Day 10-Something you're afraid of
Day 11-Favorite tv shows
Day 12-What you believe
Day 13-Goals
Day 14-A picture you love
Day 15-Bible verse
Day 16-Dream house
Day 17-Something you're looking forward to
Day 18-Something you regret
Day 19-Something you miss
Day 20-Nicknames
Day 21-Picture of yourself
Day 22-Favorite city
Day 23-Favorite vacation
Day 24-Something you've learned
Day 25-Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs
Day 26-Picture of your family
Day 27-Pets
Day 28-Something that stresses you out
Day 29-3 Wishes
Day 30-a picture
 So let's begin.  Here's my recent picture, it was taken on New Years Eve:



Even though it may not look like it, I promise that we love each other.

Moving on, 15 Interesting Facts about yours truly:
(1)  My husband is the best second chance I've ever given someone.  I firmly believe that everyone deserves a second chance because of him.
(2) I grew up on a farm.  Cows, cotton, tractors, the whole nine yards.  I love that my husband is enjoying learning about farming while he works with my dad and that it makes him happier than any job he's ever had.
(3)  I took piano lessons for 7 years growing up and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I'm still trying to find a place in the house where a piano could fit so I can start playing again.
(4)  I knocked out my front tooth at Disney World when I was 5.  As in, I fell out of a chair at the Contemporary Resort, hit a railing, and had to be taken to an Orlando, FL emergency room.  My family received crazy perks from Disney the rest of the trip.
(5)  I love renovating our house.  Yes, it has been a crazy time, but it's definitely been worth it to see the fruits of our own labor, even if it meant living in just two room the first four months we were married.
(6)  My mother was a twin.  Therefore, my husband thinks this means we will have a set of twins for children one day.
(7)  I love sewing but want to be a better sewer.  I would love to be able to do more than just pillows and curtains.  But boy can I re-upholster!
(8)  In 2004 I worked for one of the most contested races for Congress at the time, and got to meet then Vice President Dick Cheney at a fundraiser.  It was incredible.
(9)  I love to cook.  One day I hope to cook as well as my mother because she's an awesome, doesn't-have-to-follow-a-recipe style cook.
(10)  I've traveled to two different continents, and hope to visit every populated continent one day.
(11)  I have a black thumb.  This is most disturbing considering that my father farms and my mother is an incredible gardener.  Instead of inheriting their skills, I've accomplished the rare feat of killing a cactus.
(12)  Our house could best be described as a zoo currently, and my husband often calls himself the zookeeper, given our current pet situation.  I will elaborate about this on pet day.
(13)  If possible, I could live off of coffee, water, wine, bread, and cheese.  Obviously I do not.
(14)  My job is very stressful, but very rewarding.  While I have days that I'm ready to pull out my hair in frustration, I have customers whose thanks for what I'm able to do for them reminds me that everything is not all bad in banking.
(15)  Our current house does not have a dishwasher, so we have to hand wash EVERYTHING.  It's getting old.



So there's a little about me.  I think this is off to a great start!

2 comments: