Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 2-Blog Meaning

If you go way back about a year ago, there was a method behind the madness of this blog:

"I approach it all like this--a home, like your life, is only as strong as the foundation, and since those two seem so co-mingled in my life right now as my husband and I start many new ventures, I find it only fitting for the blog to reflect this...we'll see where the construction takes us." 
 
I wrote that on my very first blog post.  I wanted this to be a reflection of being newlyweds who were half-crazy for moving, renovating a house and starting new jobs all within the first month or so of marriage.  But we've survived all this stress so far, and our marriage is all the stronger now because of it.  

I also have to admit that I thought about an old hymn when I came up with the name for this:

How firm a foundation, ye saints of the Lord,
Is laid for your faith in His excellent Word!
What more can He say than to you He hath said,
You, who unto Jesus for refuge have fled?


In every condition, in sickness, in health;
In poverty’s vale, or abounding in wealth;
At home and abroad, on the land, on the sea,
As thy days may demand, shall thy strength ever be.


Fear not, I am with thee, O be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid;
I’ll strengthen and help thee, and cause thee to stand
Upheld by My righteous, omnipotent hand.


When through the deep waters I call thee to go,
The rivers of woe shall not thee overflow;
For I will be with thee, thy troubles to bless,
And sanctify to thee thy deepest distress.


I'm sure there's a more up-to-date version of this hymn, but I cannot find this online currently.  But even in this version, there was so much of this hymn that was so applicable to my life a year ago, and so much that still applies today.  The message from this has helped me so much when I think for how I really need to deal with the stress in my life, and there really is only one way to do that effectively--to lean on God through prayer and the study of the Bible.  I'm getting there...


No comments:

Post a Comment