Saturday, January 22, 2011

Recent Obsessions

Recently we've been slightly very obsessed with The Tudors.  Like, if we turn on the TV, it's the only thing we watch these days.  Plus, it's not like the show is even running new episodes now, we're just watching the available seasons on Netflix every night--not BBC America.  It's pathetic how little either of us know about this period in history either, because we have to keep a Wikipedia (the reliable source that is...) page up on Henry VIII to know what's following a timeline and what is not.  FYI, most is not.

Our conclusion of two seasons so far--Henry is an asshole.  Why did all these woman want to marry him, aside from him being the King?  He was a man-whore who thought he was the all that a bag of chips (although, I guess if you're the King of England you have that right?).  So we are not fans of Henry, or Ann Boleyn for that matter, Whit stayed up later than usual to watch her beheading episode last night he disliked her so much.  Basically, we only like Katherine of Aragon.  And now she's dead, so I'm not sure who we're going to be routing for on the show.  Yet we keep watching because it's just good.  Since we've only got 2 seasons left in the series, we've started looking for other shows to pick up once we finish this one.

Our top choices are:
(1) Rome
(2) Spartacus
(3) Dexter
(4) Weeds
(5) The Sopranos

Clearly it all comes down to the fact that we're really just too cheap to pay for premium TV.  Luckily we're waiting on season three to arrive, so it's giving me some time to work on things around the house.  I'll post tomorrow to show what projects I've been working on lately.

A few other recent obsessions of ours are: pig ears for the dog, burgers stuffed with cheese, onions, and bacon, doing laundry on a daily basis (hello Resolution #5!), and making plans for a driftwood coffee table I've now inherited.

If nothing else, my life is random.

1 comment:

  1. May I also suggest Big Love? I am kind of obsessed with it, when I am not in my Mercer Home.

    ReplyDelete